Order Picking Frustrations

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

There are definitely some issues with batch picks and order picking in general...  I have learned that Acumatica has limitations for this functionality such as changing locations on the fly and it also does not pick from locations with the larger/exact qty…  

My biggest frustrations from an operations standpoint:

1. Unable to change locations on the fly when using scan guns for picking. (We write down on the pick list where it is pulled from and change it on desktop pc when confirming the shipment)
  2. When batch picking you can not edit shipments attached to the worksheet (If we are out of stock or short a qty on one order, you have to delete the entire shipment from the worksheet to make changes)
  3. When picking orders Acumatica only sends you to the highest priority location, or the location numerically/alphabetically first and not to a location that holds the exact qty(Example: I have a line item for a whole pallet of an item let’s say 30 eaches and it wants the picker to select partial qty from multiple locations instead of the entire qty from one location)

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes, agree with everything. Here is what I wrote a year ago. 

Yes, agree with everything. Here is what I wrote a year ago. 

It’s even more discouraging that there hasn’t been any work on this in over a year…  😔

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved