Question

Matrix Items and UOM Conversions

• 17 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am wondering if Acumatica has the ability to do this:

We have metal coils we purchase by the pound. We purchase different thicknesses and colors. All coils are the same width. We want to make templates of the coils so that we can order custom lengths for each one, but we do not want to create thousands of individual part numbers that would all have to be managed individually. Creating them using the matrix feature, all of them can be managed through the template item. 

The question comes in with the UOM conversions. As mentioned, we purchase these in pounds, but we will be selling these in each. The resulting sheets that will be cut down to the ordered length will vary in its dimension. A customer could order any length, what I need to figure out is how to cost that, based on the template item. 

I assume that I need to use the conversion table some how but I cannot figure out how to make it work correctly. Each matrix item created from the template would have a different weight, based on its new dimension. How do I go about setting this up?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved