Solved

Managing Down Payment on Sales Order

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We sell a build-to-order product with 8 weeks lead time.  We require a minimum 20% down payment (exceptions occur, so we must account for variations from 20%) of the full sale price before we begin the build.  Here is the desired workflow:

1. Create Sales Order with full price of product
  2. Invoice 20% of the Sales Order amount
  3. Customer pays down payment invoice via email pay (secure portal 3rd party)
  4. Apply as a Payment/Prepayment on the Sales Order
  5. The Payment/Prepayment automatically applies to the final invoice at end of the build

The problem is that I cannot create a down payment invoice for the 20% linked to the Sales Order.  I can send the Sales Order form with an email pay link on it, but it will be for the full amount.  We can tell our customer to only pay a certain amount, but the customer will have to manually modify the amount (because the payment amount for the customer will default to the full sale price).

Is there a workflow to handle down payment invoices?

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 2 April 2024, 22:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Check out the information in this post around using payment terms with the Sales Order Prepayment settings.  It looks like you might be a bit more “locked in” on the deposit percentages and I don’t think that amount would pass through on your link?

There’s another request to be able to do Deposit invoices here that you an go and vote for that is a bit more specific to what you are looking for:

And another related idea as well: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/add%2Dprepayment%2Ddeposit%2Dar%2Dinvoice%2Ddoc%2Dtype%2D2044 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved