Solved

Convert Quote to Blanket Sales Order Type

• 25 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to convert a Quote to a Blanket Sales Order? 

icon

Best answer by ericwolfe74 26 April 2023, 17:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Unfortunately, you are correct.  I would recommend putting in a request to Acumatica to include Blanket Orders on the Copy function for a Sales Order Quote as I can select from the list of other sales order types.  You could also create the quote then copy it, create a new blanket sales order and past the details.  

it’s a couple extra steps but it does work from a Sales Order Quote.

Let me know your results.

Eric

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ericwolfe74 I tested this and you are converting a CRM opportunity quote to a BL but a SO QT cannot be converted to a BL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ericwolfe74 thanks for sharing this eric!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I just tested this in 2022 R2 Build Build 22.202.0040 and was able to convert a quote to a blanket order.  First I marked the Quote as accepted.  Next, I clicked the action button (...) and selected to convert to order.  The following window appears:

I then changed the Order type to BL (Blanket Order) and clicked OK.

The following order was created:

Hope this helps.

Eric

Interesting! Nice and thanks for showing @ericwolfe74 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just tested this in 2022 R2 Build Build 22.202.0040 and was able to convert a quote to a blanket order.  First I marked the Quote as accepted.  Next, I clicked the action button (...) and selected to convert to order.  The following window appears:

I then changed the Order type to BL (Blanket Order) and clicked OK.

The following order was created:

Hope this helps.

Eric

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 Thanks. That is what I saw but wanted to make sure I am not missing a setting. It makes sense since a blanket is a commitment to place future orders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @frankfiorentino81 

It does not appear that you can copy a Blanket Order from a Quote:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved