Question

Blanket Sales Order Requested on Date Question

• 21 March 2024
  • 0 replies

We are in the processe of implmentation and I am exploring the Blanket Sales Order functionality and have run into what I belive is an issue related to the “Requested On Date” on the Blanket Order Type.

When creating a blanket order you can define the “Requested on Date” for the line item in the Details table (had to add this column),  however when you go to Line Details,  you can only define the “Sched Shipment Date” for each line, not the Requested On Date.      Additionally I have discovered that when creating Child Orders from the Blanket order,  the “Requested On Date” on the Child Sales Order defaults to the Current Date regardless of what is set on the Blanket Order.  I have also observed that the “Scheduled Shipment Date” on the Child Sales Order defaults to the “Scheduled Ship Date” minus the defined number of Lead Time days set on the customer record, which is how I would expect it to behave.

My conclusion is that setting the “Requested On Date” and “Scheduled Ship Date” in the Blanket order is meaningless when it comes to creating the Child Orders as none of this information carries over from the Blanket Order.   I am not sure if this is functioning as intended,  but It seems to me that the whole process surrounding these dates on blanket orders would be more logical and streamlined if it functioned in the following manner: 

• On the Blanket order Line Details table the “Sched. Shipment Date” column should be replaced with a “Requested On Date” column.  What is important on a blanket order is when the customer wants their product, Sched Ship Date should be based on the accepted practice of “Requested on Date Minus Lead Time from the customer record”
  • When Creating the Child Sales Order the system should use the “Requested On Date” from the Line details table on the Blanket Order to populate the “Requested On” field on the Child Sales Order.
  • The Scheduled Ship Date on the Child Sales Order should continue to function like it currently does, honoring the Requested On date minus the Lead Time Days set on the customer record. 

Does this make sense to others,  or am I missing something with how the system functions and / or its intended functionality? 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved