Question

Allocations on Transfer orders

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to see if other users have the same issue or requirement as we do with Transfer Orders.

We have a production warehouse and a sales warehouse, items produced in PW get transferred to SW to ship. When we produce make to order items we have an issue with allocations.

The sales order creates a requirement and allocation. When we create a transfer, in order to ship the item from one warehouse to the other you are required to allocate to the TR in order to ship. 

In order to do this we have to remove the allocation from the sales order and allocate the transfer order so we can create a shipment. after item is received at the sales warehouse we have to reallocate the sales order. 

I’d like to be able to ship the transfer without affecting my sales order allocation or creating a duplicate requirement. 

Second issue:

If we want to move inventory from one warehouse to the other but the items are on a purchase order and not yet received we can’t. if we create a transfer and leave it to be fulfilled when the PO is received because it creates a requirement for items on the transfer. 

10 on PO, 5 on transfer, allocation details shows only 5 available. when in reality all 10 are available but my intent is only to transfer from one warehouse to the other when PO is received. 

1 reply

I am running into the same issue in an attempt to do something similar, where we hold parts in one Warehouse and Ship/Bill out of another. 

We attempted to have the SO Warehouse set as “Warehouse 2” at the line level and then receive the parts into “Warehouse 1” to hold and Create TR once ready to move the Inventory.

However once the Product is received against the PO (SO-Linked), it changes the allocation to “warehouse 1” where the product was received 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved