Solved

What is the difference between the endpoint Invoice and the endpoint SalesInvoice?

• 28 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I see the differences in the available fields. I am looking for info at a higher level.

Also, does the SalesInvoice represent the same data that is at the Invoice UI, or is there another UI/Screen for SalesInvoice?

icon

Best answer by jinin 28 July 2023, 12:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rcreasy 

The Invoice entity represents the Invoice and Memo screen (ScreenID- AR301000)

The SalesInvoice entity represents the SO Invoice screen (ScreenID- SO303000)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you select the Entity you will see the Invoice one is the AR Invoices and Memos (AR301000) and if you select the Sales Invoice it is the Sales Invoices (SO303000). 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @rcreasy 

The Invoice entity represents the Bills and adjustment screen (ScreenID- AR301000)

The SalesInvoice entity represents the SO Invoice screen (ScreenID- SO303000)

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.
I still can’t get my head around the difference. In the instance I am working on, those 2 screens appear to present the same information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rcreasy 

The AR Invoice, also known as the Customer Invoice or Sales Invoice, is a document generated by a business and sent to its customers to request payment. This invoice is created by the seller to bill the customer for a specific transaction.

Include below fields.

• Invoice number
  • Date of the invoice
  • Description and quantity of goods or services provided
  • Unit price and the total amount
  • Payment terms (e.g., due date, discounts, late fees)
  • Customer information (name, address, contact details)

The SO Invoice, also known as the Sales Order Invoice, is a document generated based on a sales order. A sales order is created when a customer places an order.
    Include below fields

• Sales order number
  • Date of the order
  • Description and quantity of goods or services ordered
  • Unit price and total amount
  • Customer information (name, address, contact details)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved