Solved

Troubleshooting Purchase Order Creation via Postman API Integration

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm encountering an issue while attempting to create a purchase order through the API using Postman. Here's how I've proceeded: first, I generated an access token using Resource Owner Password Credentials. Then, I exchanged this token for a code to proceed with the purchase order creation. In the request body, I included a default raw dict that I found in the Acumatica discussion forum.

However, despite following these steps, I'm encountering an error. Could someone please offer guidance on how to resolve this issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is how i have successfully generated the Access Token 

Now when i use this exchange token to create an PO in the acumatica using an API 

This is here i have put the access token and this is the API that i an using to create an PO in the acumatica. 
In the body i have used this raw dictionary that i found in the acumatica discussions form 

And in the headers i am using these 

After doing all this i am getting this error 

However, despite following these steps, I'm encountering an error. Could someone please offer guidance on how to resolve this issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by kpopova 22 April 2024, 09:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi! You need to use PUT method instead of POST for creation of an entity. See an example here: https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=81e5ec25-09f7-421a-8f80-01b6b71d38c9

Userlevel 1

Thank You @kpopova i was able to solve the issue : - )

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved