Solved

Query to see all valid endpoints?

• 11 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Some api frameworks have the ability to query and get a full list of the api endpoints. Does Acumatica have such a command?

The reason I ask is because I’m having a little trouble with the endpoint references on the platform and some of the linked endpoints. For example, I want to expand the Purchase Order to get the Shipping Address, but I don’t know the endpoints in the tree aren’t working. See below. 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by stephenbologna39 12 October 2023, 01:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jamest An Endpoint can be created on top of a generic inquiry with all the PO screen fields that is required for you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jamest An Endpoint can be created on top of a generic inquiry with all the PO screen fields that is required for you. 

Thanks for the input. I would prefer to use the out of box endpoints at this point. I think I can get everything from the default endpoints if I can get the expand logic correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jamest I didn’t fully understand your example, but I assume you are looking for the endpoint schema? 

If that’s the case, you can access the endpoint schema using the following link:

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/swagger.json

you can find all available endpoints using [sitename]/entity

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @jamest

Not sure if I understand your question either, but if you’ve found the Purchase Order section of one of the Default Endpoints and are having trouble getting Acumatica to include the Ship To Address, you could try the following URL:

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder?$expand=ShippingInstructions,ShippingInstructions/ShipToAddress

This should return the the Purchase Order with its Ship To Address.

Also, to expand on @Dmitrii Naumov’s point, you could also use the following URL to get the structure of data returned for the Purchase Order section (including linked entities and custom fields):

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder/$adHocSchema

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jamest I didn’t fully understand your example, but I assume you are looking for the endpoint schema? 

If that’s the case, you can access the endpoint schema using the following link:

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/swagger.json

you can find all available endpoints using [sitename]/entity

This is great, thanks for posting!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jamest

Not sure if I understand your question either, but if you’ve found the Purchase Order section of one of the Default Endpoints and are having trouble getting Acumatica to include the Ship To Address, you could try the following URL:

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder?$expand=ShippingInstructions,ShippingInstructions/ShipToAddress

This should return the the Purchase Order with its Ship To Address.

Also, to expand on @Dmitrii Naumov’s point, you could also use the following URL to get the structure of data returned for the Purchase Order section (including linked entities and custom fields):

[sitename]/entity/Default/22.200.001/PurchaseOrder/$adHocSchema

Hope this helps

This is exactly what I was look for also, @stephenbologna39 . I was a little confused on the proper query string that type of linked entity. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved