Solved

Issue with Endpoint extension Key Fields

• 9 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Community!!

I’m trying to fetch details of users for that I created a new Endpoint extension with name “AppUsers1”

I have added 5 fieds for it but Username was showing a warning.

as per the document I310 web services Tried ti fetch the data Using GET with Key Field Values
but I’m not sure which fields are Key Fields tried with Username but is not working.

POSTMAN Get call

How can I find the Key fields is there a standard way or does that differ?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 9 November 2023, 17:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DineshJ,

The key field is usually the fields in the screen that we use to select a specific record. For example

• Sales Order screen it would be composite key of OrderType and OrderNbr.
  • Project screen it would be ProjectID

In this scenario, I assume you are mapping the User(SM201010) screen. User screen, seem to be designed differently, maybe for security reasons. From my testing, I wasn’t able to fetch the data as required, pointing to the key field(like UserName, Guid). 

I suggest create a GI with required columns, map in to the endpoint and do GET request to fetch the required data. Good Luck.!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DineshJ 

Please note that Login(Username) is the key field for this DAC is required for proper functioning of this web service entity:

In your Web Service extension, please make sure Login field is there(not the username you added). this field belongs to the User information section:

This should be sufficient for your endpoint to work properly:

Here’s an example call:

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi  @DineshJ ,

Did you check with the login field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As @RohitRattan88  and @jinin mentioned, login fields seems to work. Map login field to endpoint, and use it directly the GET request(without ?$filter).

Request URL: <<Instance URL>>/entity/DefaultExt/22.200.001/AppUsers/AcumaticaSupport

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for the solution @RohitRattan88 @jinin @Vignesh Ponnusamy this works as expected.👍

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved