Solved

Insert Vendor API needs cash discount account and cash discount sub.

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am trying to insert a vendor record using the REST API. I am met with the following error message.

"error": "Inserting  'Vendor' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.; DiscTakenAcctID: 'Cash Discount Account' cannot be empty.; DiscTakenSubID: 'Cash Discount Sub.' cannot be empty.; TaxUseVendorCurPrecision: The Use Currency Precision flag was set because the tax report precision is equal to the currency precision",

The JSON I am sending looks like this.

{         "note": {             "value": "Abhijit - Testing"         },         "Cash Discount Account":{"value":"5922"},         "Cash Discount Sub":{"value":null},         "AccountRef": {},         "APAccount": {             "value": "2000"         },         "APSubaccount": {             "value": "000"         },         "CashAccount": {},         "CurrencyID": {             "value": "USD"         },         "CurrencyRateType": {},         "EnableCurrencyOverride": {             "value": false         },         "EnableRateOverride": {             "value": false         },         "FOBPoint": {},         "LandedCostVendor": {             "value": false         },         "LastModifiedDateTime": {             "value": "2023-07-26T13:23:20.56+00:00"         },         "LeadTimedays": {},         "LocationName": {             "value": "Primary Location"         },         "MaxReceipt": {             "value": 100.000000         },         "MinReceipt": {             "value": 0.000000         },         "ParentAccount": {},         "PaymentBy": {             "value": "Discount Date"         },         "PaymentLeadTimedays": {             "value": 0         },         "PaymentMethod": {             "value": "CHECK"         },         "PaySeparately": {             "value": false         },         "PrintOrders": {             "value": false         },         "ReceiptAction": {             "value": "Accept but Warn"         },         "ReceivingBranch": {},         "RemittanceAddressOverride": {             "value": true         },         "RemittanceContactOverride": {             "value": true         },         "SendOrdersbyEmail": {             "value": false         },         "ShippingAddressOverride": {             "value": true         },         "ShippingContactOverride": {             "value": true         },         "ShippingTerms": {},         "ShipVia": {},         "Status": {             "value": "Active"         },         "TaxRegistrationID": {},         "TaxZone": {},         "Terms": {             "value": "NET30"         },         "ThresholdReceipt": {             "value": 100.000000         },         "VendorClass": {             "value": "ANCILLARY"         },         "VendorIsLaborUnion": {             "value": false         },         "VendorIsTaxAgency": {             "value": false         },         "VendorName": {             "value": "Computer Express"         } }

This is very similar to the JSON that is retrieved from GetVendor record call. I have tried a few variations to send the cash discount and cash discount sub, but all of them have met with the same error. I have tried to send DiscTakenAcctID, Cash Discount Account, CashDiscountAccount.

How do I get around this to insert a vendor record?

Thank You,
Abhijit

icon

Best answer by jinin 2 January 2024, 07:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @abhijit,

By default, the endpoint lacks the GL account node. To address this, you need to extend the endpoint and include the GL account node on the vendor entity. Follow these steps:

1. Select the vendor entity in the extended endpoint.
2. Click on the insert button to add the GL account and other required fields.
3. Save the endpoint.

I have also attached sample screenshots and the endpoint request for your review.

{
"note": {
"value": "Abhijit - Testing"
},
"GLAccounts": {
"APAccount": {
"value": "2000"
},
"APSubaccount": {
"value": "000"
},
"CashDiscountAccount": {
"value": "5922"
},
"CashDiscountSub": {
"value": null
}
},
"CashAccount": {},
"CurrencyID": {
"value": "USD"
},
"CurrencyRateType": {},
"EnableCurrencyOverride": {
"value": false
},
"EnableRateOverride": {
},
"FOBPoint": {},
"LandedCostVendor": {
},
"LastModifiedDateTime": {
"value": "2023-07-26T13:23:20.56+00:00"
},
"LeadTimedays": {},
"MaxReceipt": {
"value": 100.000000
},
"MinReceipt": {
"value": 0.000000
},
"ParentAccount": {},
"PaymentBy": {
"value": "Discount Date"
},
"PaymentLeadTimedays": {
"value": 0
},
"PaymentMethod": {
"value": "CHECK"
},
"PaySeparately": {
},
"PrintOrders": {
},
"ReceiptAction": {
"value": "Accept but Warn"
},
"ReceivingBranch": {},
"RemittanceAddressOverride": {
"value": true
},
"RemittanceContactOverride": {
},
"SendOrdersbyEmail": {
},
"ShippingAddressOverride": {
},
"ShippingContactOverride": {
},
"ShippingTerms": {},
"ShipVia": {},
"Status": {
"value": "Active"
},
"TaxRegistrationID": {},
"TaxZone": {},
"Terms": {
"value": "30D"
},
"ThresholdReceipt": {
"value": 100.000000
},
"VendorClass": {
"value": "SERVICES"
},
"VendorIsLaborUnion": {
},
"VendorIsTaxAgency": {
},
"VendorName": {
"value": "Computer Express"
}
}

Badge

Can I add this GLAccounts node to the Default Webservice endpoint?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No you will need to Extend the default endpoint as you cannot edit it. It will copy everything from the Default so you can then make the changes

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved