Solved

Getting error when make API call for Sales order entity in the 23R2 instance with Sales demo data

• 13 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi everyone, 

I'm encountering an unusual issue when making an API call with the 23.202 build. I'm trying to change a sales order on hold status using the PutOnHold action, but I'm immediately receiving the following error. Once this error occurs, the subsequent GET call is also not functioning and getting the same error message.

"message": "An error has occurred."

"innerException": {

"message": "An error has occurred.",

"exceptionMessage": "A data corruption state has been detected. You cannot save the changes. Copy the data you have entered and reload the page. Date and Time: 2023-12-13T08:08:38; IncidentID: 8f01c121-fd44-4af9-bf02-6144bb6678c1; Name: Aggregate Validation: PX.Objects.SO.SOOrder+openLineCntr. You can view detailed information about the issue on the System Events tab of the System Monitor (SM201530) form.",

"exceptionType": "PX.Data.PXException",

"stackTrace": null

Does anyone face this issue? 

icon

Best answer by jinin 22 December 2023, 08:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jinin,

From my testing, I couldn’t reproduce the issue in 23.202 Vanilla(without any customization). To confirm, are you able to reproduce the issue without any customization?

Are you using custom endpoint? Please share more details(Request URL, Payload) of the API call you are making.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Vignesh Ponnusamy,

I don't have any customizations. I simply extended the Default 22.200.001 endpoint to include the PutOnHold and ReleaseFromHold actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jinin,

Thanks for the details.!

That’s strange, I couldn’t reproduce the issue extending the Default 22.200.001 endpoint.

You can try using the Default 23.200.001 endpoint. Make a POST request with the following URL,

<<Instance URL>>/entity/Default/23.200.001/SalesOrder/PutOnHold

Even though the action isn’t mapped, you should be able to invoke it using the Default endpoint.

If the issue still persists, I would suspect the issue to be instance specific. So you could try deploying a new instance with Sales Demo data. 

Hope that helps.! Good Luck,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Vignesh Ponnusamy ,

Can you try like below steps,

1- First make the GET call for an order

2- then make an POST call for PutonHold or ReleseFromHold

I tried 2 instances, getting the same issue. 🙁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jinin, wow, that’s super strange.!

I couldn’t reproduce the issue with different approach.

Did you try the suggestion(from my previous comment) using Default endpoint(instead of using extended endpoint)?

Also, can you test from a different machine or try a different version of Acumatica? Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Vignesh Ponnusamy,

I've identified the root cause. A minor spelling mistake in the JSON request, specifically a typo error in the Order type, led to the above issue.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved