Solved

Fetching User-Defined-Field in Customer Acumatica REST-API

• 24 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm trying to fetch the user-defined-field that I added in Customer Entity but it's not working. I'm getting this error: "message": "An error has occurred.", "exceptionMessage": "The column 'Document_AttributeCWCID' is not found in the data set.",

It is working in Contact entity and SalesOrder

My sample parameter in Contact $custom = Contact.AttributeCWCID

In SalesOrder: $custom = Document.AttributeSOID

icon

Best answer by jayson 24 January 2023, 20:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jayson ,

If the element is a user-defined field, use the syntax below,
 Document.Attribute<AttributeID>, where you replace <AttributeID> with the ID of the attribute that corresponds to the user-defined field.

I’ve tried it with the customer entity and works fine. 
Example,
/Customer/AACUSTOMER?$custom=Baccount.AttributePRODREQ

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chvakhil ,

Please do the below steps

-  Navigate the Web service endpoint screen, select the Salesorder entity, and select the details section as shown below

-   click on the Extend entity and again click on the populate. A popup will open. Select the Details view and Choose the user field.

• -  Close the popup and check the grid, the value will be added on the grid. Save the screen.
    - Add the field  on the Endpoint same as other field (Use the proper name added on the endpoint) and check whether its reflected or not.

Hope this helps you.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jayson ,

If the element is a user-defined field, use the syntax below,
 Document.Attribute<AttributeID>, where you replace <AttributeID> with the ID of the attribute that corresponds to the user-defined field.

I’ve tried it with the customer entity and works fine. 
Example,
/Customer/AACUSTOMER?$custom=Baccount.AttributePRODREQ

Thank you! I thought it should be Customer or Document instead of Baccount. Thanks!

Hi Team,

I am a developer who is integrating Acumatica with our application as part of ERP integrations. As per the client requirement we have some custom user defined fields within the entities. 

I am providing all the details i have with me on this so that you can help me out.

User Defined Custom Field showing on the UI:

Element Properties:

I have found the properties of this element from Customization -> Inspect Element

Requirement:

I would like to know the API signature on how to access this type of fields from RESP APIs.

Note:

As we have client deliverables, i would really appreciate a quick response. 

Acumatica Version: 22R2

Endpoint Version: 22.200.001

Thanks & Regards,

Akhil Chakicherla 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chvakhil ,

Can you please share the screenshot? It's not visible.

Element Properties:

Element Properties:

@jinin - I have added the snapshots again. Please have a look.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved