Question

Downloading ALL Images/Attachments

• 4 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a process in Azure Data Factory that downloads about 55k images and stores them to a storage container for use on an external eCommerce website.

Sometimes I have to do a full sync/download, the issue is that it takes forever to download them all due to API limits etc. Are there any tips on how I  can overcome it?  My download process can take 4-5 days to complete if I have to reseed the data...I am just looking for something that isn’t as long.

Thanks!

Eric

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@eelliston please see here https://help.acumatica.com/(W(16))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=f7dabb22-0591-4142-8269-eeb89b07b83e

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett - Still have not found the best solution.  The only thing I have been able to do is a manual export of the bits from the SQL and save it to a folder on the DB server. I then copy those up.

Images and keeping those in sync on our external website is by far the biggest challenge for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think at that point you should use Amazon S3 as External Data storage and just work with the file storage directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @eelliston were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Dmitrii Naumov! Were is that configured in Acumatica? I am not familiar with that option.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Dmitrii Naumov. In our cloud version, that option is disabled unfortunately.

I was looking around and I see there is a way to synchronize files to an SFTP server. Do you know if there is there a way to do that for all files and not at the individual stockitem > attachment level.

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved