Solved

What is the Equivalent of "Grid" control "RowDataBound" for "Form"

• 28 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello Community,

In my “Page_Load” sometimes I use Grid Control RowDataBound to manipulate the grids layout as follows

PX.Web.UI.PXGrid gridWithStyle = (PX.Web.UI.PXGrid)ControlHelper.FindControl("grid", page);
if (gridWithStyle != null)
{
gridWithStyle.RowDataBound += (object grdsender, PXGridRowEventArgs erdb) =>
{
var grdRow = erdb.Row;

//Do Stuff
}
}

I have come across a situation where I need to do the same for “Form” control. I tried to replicate the same logic from Grid and modify it for Form but couldn’t make it work. This is what I have done but I have a problem with the commented part for “DataBound” as follows.

PX.Web.UI.PXFormView formWithStyle = (PX.Web.UI.PXFormView)ControlHelper.FindControl("form", page);
if (formWithStyle != null)
{
formWithStyle.DataBound += (object frmsender, EventArgs erdb) =>
{
// how? var frmRow = erdb.Row;

//Do Stuff
}
}

Any help is appreciated how can I make this work?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 21 March 2023, 01:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @aaghaei !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes with some R&D I could make it work. I forgot to post the solution here.

PX.Web.UI.PXFormView formWithStyle = ControlHelper.FindControl("form", page) as PX.Web.UI.PXFormView;
if (formWithStyle != null)
{
formWithStyle.DataBound += (object frmsender, EventArgs erdb) =>
{
// Do stuff
};
}

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaghaei  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@aaghaei I personally tried to achieve what you want in the past, but I was not able to bypass certain challenges and problems. So unfortunately I have no way to do this properly for now.

In the future typescript-based UI this should be easier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@smarenich Can you please help?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved