Solved

Want to develop new screen into acumatica ERP

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I need to develop new screen same as the existing standard sales order form.

I’m checking the training videos and references in the acumatica openuni.

But,I have some kind of problems when checking the videos.

What is the best method to develop the project. ?

•  Download and install acumatica ERP and develop project using visual builder and then deploy the project.
  • My client already have an acumatica ERP hosted in cloud, Can I develop new screen using Customization Project Editor?

I’m waiting for your answers.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Django 11 January 2023, 16:33

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jeewanishalika20 ,

The first option is the best one. Please install Acumatica ERP in your local instance with sales demo data and develop the project using the visual builder and then deploy the project.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

After the development i need to add the development my client acumatica ERP(hosted in cloud) . how can I do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jinin ,

After the development i need to add the development my client acumatica ERP(hosted in cloud) . how can I do it.

You need to prepare the customization package and deploy it on the client instance.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

Can you recommend any resource to check deployment part for me.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The developer training materials T200..T260 cover all of your questions.  They are well constructed and well thought out so I highly recommend that you work your way through them.  In the training materials they show how to customize and existing Acumatica screen and the whole time you’re working within a customization project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://www.acumatica.com/developers/onboarding-new-acumatica-developers/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jinin ,

Can you recommend any resource to check deployment part for me.

Thank you

The below document will help you to create and manage customization package.

AcumaticaERP_CustomizationGuide.pdf

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

Thank you for the pdf i will refer it.I have one thing to clarify. When we develop a new screen we need to creare a new db table for that.so,we can create table in sql server for the test environment.

but,how can i do it for my client environment (hosted in cloud)

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Once you’ve created the table in SQL, you’ll go into the customization project and use the Add Custom Table Schema button. You’ll then select your custom table.  If you make changes to your custom table, you’ll come back to this screen and use the Reload from Database button.

Doing this will create a SQL script that the publish process will run to create the table in the client’s environment.

You’ll go through these steps in the training materials.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ddunn ,

Can we create a new custom table using this project editor.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can include custom SQL statements to create tables in the database but I would strongly recommend against this. Using the method I highlighted above allows for incremental changes to the table.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ddunn ,

Before the add custom table using custom table schema button do we need to create that custom table inside the database.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Correct.  You create the table and then use that button.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved