Question

Signature changed on InventoryItem.PK.Find(Base, row.InventoryID) in 23R2?

• 24 January 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am upgrading from 23R1 to 23R2. 

I unpublished the project before upgrading it.

When publishing my project I get this error:

Able2.dll Method signature was changed: PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItem PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItem/PK::Find(PX.Data.PXGraph,System.Nullable`1<System.Int32>) declared in PX.Objects, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

I opened the project, did a Build - Clean to remove all previous DLLs in the bin folder.  Verified my VS project library path pointed to the bin folder of my site. 

This line compiles with no errors:

InventoryItem inventoryItem = InventoryItem.PK.Find(Base, row.InventoryID);

I had to change to a BQL select to get rid of the error.

InventoryItem inventoryItem = SelectFrom<InventoryItem>.Where<InventoryItem.inventoryID.IsEqual<@P.AsInt>>.View.Select(Base, row.InventoryID);

When I opened the project and rebuilt it, then went to the browser, it literally KILLED my site.  I had to re-install the web site files to get the site to run.

The project can now be published, but if the signature changed, why does my code compile? 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved