Question

Show/Hide doesn't work properly if a button is added to favorite

• 10 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello everyone,

As you know on top of each Acumatica screen we have a more “...” button that allows accessing all related buttons. when we click on “...” from the list we can add any of the buttons to our favorites by star-ing it. This will add that button to the main toolbar and here is when the problem appears. The problem is that the favorited button always becomes visible even if I hide that button through the “row selected” event handler.

To be clear the button visibility is set properly in the “...” more menu but it always remains visible on the Main Manu of the screen even when you SetVisible to false.

To make this work when I initialize my graph I remove the buttons I want set their visibilities from the “FavoriteActionRecord” table as the user had not added those button as their favorite but I know it is not the proper way. Any thoughts on how I can overcome this issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @aaghaei 

This is a known issue. You might need to delete the record from [FavoriteActionRecord] table for the specific user

Example

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you @Leonardo Justiniano 

Yes, as I had mentioned in my post I see the issue and also I currently am deleting the user favorite record in graph initialization but I am looking for any other possible workaround not to delete the user favorites. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @aaghaei 

Yes indeed you did mention that table. Just documenting for the Community. I think Acumatica is aware of the issue. You could submit a developer ticket looking forward to have an answer on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you @Leonardo Justiniano for the clarification.

@Chris Hackett considering the issue is a platform wide issue, can you please help with expediting a resolution for the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaghaei I can't escalate but creating a ticket as @Leonardo Justiniano suggests might help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Leonardo Justiniano @Chris Hackett i might be wrong but it seems considering I’m not a corporate user I can not create a dev support case. Or at least I couldn’t find in the portal.Acumatica.com

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaghaei - Unfortunately your account needs to be tied to a customer or partner business account in order to log a case. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved