Question

Serial Codes field not populating

• 14 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi guys,

I am currently in the need of help to populate a custom field in the SOShipLine DAC that I have created. I want to populate this custom data field called UsrSerialCodes with the values of the Serial/Lot codes displayed per line number. Here is an example of a shipment with 3 entries with 3 different Line Nbrs: 

And here is the different serial nbrs for each line nbr when you go into Line Details

I have populated a list with these serial codes respective of the line nbrs and now I want to populate the data field (UsrSerialCodes) that I created respectively for each LineNbr in the SOShipLine DAC

It seems like when I trace log everything, it populates the data field, but doesn’t display the values of the serial codes. It still shows a blank. Here is the code that I am using in the SOShipmentEntry Graph Extension

The overall goal is to transfer the Serial Codes to the ARTran DAC in order to populate them per OrigLineNbr in the so643000 report. 

Any help on this matter would be really helpful. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You need to update the cache with the changed line object once you’ve updated the extension field.  Unfortunately, that is not allowed in a RowSelected() event.  I would suggest you take a look at overriding SetShipmentFieldsFromOrder which is called when the Shipment is created.

You need to update the cache with the changed line object once you’ve updated the extension field.  Unfortunately, that is not allowed in a RowSelected() event.  I would suggest you take a look at overriding SetShipmentFieldsFromOrder which is called when the Shipment is created.

I did try this just now and seems like the field is still not populating. Maybe I am missing something, but according to my code the following is done: The list is initialized, the list is populated and then the custom field is updated accordingly and respective to the LineNbr. Here is the code that I currently use: 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved