Question

PXSelector get value from the lookup other than the key

• 20 June 2023
  • 2 replies

All:

I have a grid with a PXSelector in one of the columns.  When I pick an item from the selector, the selector has 5 columns in it.  I want to get the value of one of those columns that is not the value that will be stored in the field when the value is selected and then store it in an additional field in the grid. 

In other words, I pick a value from a selector, and the key value goes into the field with the PXSelector and the value from Column 3 of the selector goes into a different field in the grid.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I assume you by customization so yes. You will need to add an unbounded field and to the DAC extension of the grid then in FieldSelecting event of the selector you can get any column you wish whether is amongst the selector columns or not.

In the FieldUpdated of the selector also you might need to refresh the display column desired value

I assume you by customization so yes. You will need to add an unbounded field and to the DAC extension of the grid then in FieldSelecting event of the selector you can get any column you wish whether is amongst the selector columns or not.

In the FieldUpdated of the selector also you might need to refresh the display column desired value

aaghaei, do you have a code example of this?  In my research in the developer documentation, I’m not seeing how this is possible.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved