Solved

Override Private Method

• 15 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all,

Is it possible to override a private method of a graph? There have been several times where I have would have liked to, but I lack the rights to such methods from extensions since they are technically different objects as the base graph. Does anyone have a work around for this?

It’s frustrating seeing the exact line of code I need to change to do a simple customization but lacking access to it to make the change. Instead I end up writing an inefficient workaround using event handlers.

Edit: For example, right now I’d like to override OpportunityMaint.FillDefaultBAccountID(), but I can’t using the standard PXOverride attribute & delegate since it’s private.

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 15 February 2021, 16:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I see, Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Technically it is possible to use C# Reflection mechanisms to manipulate private types:
https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2017/02/override-static-method.html

But for most scenarios it is preferable to override only the public types:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/39757549/7376238

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dang, that’s what I’ve been doing so far. I was hoping there was a better solution I didn’t know about. Anyway, thanks for the quick response @Hughes Beausejour !

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The workaround is to find all public methods (actions/event handlers) that calls the private method and override them instead of the private method. The worst case scenarios requires to replace the graph with a custom one.

For OpportunityMaint.FillDefaultBAccountID there are two public event handlers to override:

• CROpportunity_RowInserted 
  • CROpportunity_RowUpdated

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved