Solved

Only customers are displayed on Project Screen Business Account Selector

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Experts,

I am working on a couple of things to include all Business Accounts in the selection on Projects (PM301000) screen. As of now only customers are displayed under selector of Business Accounts.

I have tried the standard code as below.

[PXDBInt]
[PXDimensionSelector("BIZACCT", typeof(BAccount.bAccountID), substituteKey: typeof(BAccount.acctCD), DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount.acctName))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Business Account", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]

I have tried below workaround to achieve the same but unable to get the desired outcome on the Projects screen.

#region Usrbaccount
[PXDBInt]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Business Account")]
[PXSelector(typeof(Search<BAccount.acctCD,
Where<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.VE>,
Or<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.CP>,
Or<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.CU>,
Or<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.EP>,
Or<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.OR>,
Or<BAccount.type, Equal<ContractExt.HardCodeValues.PR>>>>>>>>),
typeof(BAccount.acctName),
DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount.acctName))]
public virtual int? Usrbaccount { get; set; }
public abstract class usrbaccount : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Field<usrbaccount> { }
#endregion

public static class HardCodeValues
{
public class VE : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<VE>
{
public VE() : base(value: "VE")
{
}
}

public class CP : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<CP>
{
public CP() : base(value: "CP")
{
}
}

public class CU : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<CU>
{
public CU() : base(value: "CU")
{
}
}

public class EP : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<EP>
{
public EP() : base(value: "EP")
{
}
}

public class OR : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<OR>
{
public OR() : base(value: "OR")
{
}
}

public class PR : BqlType<IBqlString, string>.Constant<PR>
{
public PR() : base(value: "PR")
{
}
}
}

However, when I attempted to run the both logic on the Business Accounts screen, it worked as expected. On the other hand, when I tried it on the Employee Time Cards screen, it only displayed employees in the selector.

I believe this behavior is occurring due to the restrictions imposed on the screens. Am I correct or anyone else have an idea to achieve the same?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Zoltan Febert 15 July 2023, 03:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @sweta68, it will work if you use BAccountR in your selector. I tried it on 22.207 and 22.212.

[PXDBInt]
[PXSelector(typeof(SelectFrom<BAccountR>.SearchFor<BAccountR.bAccountID>),
typeof(BAccountR.bAccountID), typeof(BAccountR.type), SubstituteKey = typeof(BAccountR.acctCD), DescriptionField = typeof(BAccountR.acctName))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Customer ID", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @sweta68,

Can you please clarify what the problem exactly is?

I added your first approach to cache attached in a ProjectEntry extension, and it replaced the selector of CustomerID, I could select all business account.

public class TestProjectEntry : PXGraphExtension<ProjectEntry>
{
[PXDBInt]
[PXDimensionSelector("BIZACCT", typeof(BAccount.bAccountID), substituteKey: typeof(BAccount.acctCD), DescriptionField = typeof(BAccount.acctName))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Customer ID", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]
protected virtual void _(Events.CacheAttached<PMProject.customerID> e) {}
}

After I tried to extend PMProject DAC. I added an unbound field to the DAC, I added the new field to the screen, and it worked as expected.

public class TestPMProject : PXCacheExtension<PMProject>
{
#region Usrbaccount
[PXInt]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Business Account", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]
public virtual int? Usrbaccount { get; set; }
public abstract class usrbaccount : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Field<usrbaccount> { }
#endregion
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@sweta68 On my instance I can see vendors, customers, employees, etc in the selector on the project screen. Please share a small customization package, and I will try it on my system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @zfebert56 ,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have implemented the logic as you suggested previously, but it is not functioning as intended. I have attached a video to provide a clearer understanding of the issue.

I have also observed a similar behavior on the Projects, Employee Time Cards, and Business Accounts screens. Specifically:

• On the Projects screen, only customers are displayed in the selector.
  • On the Employee Time Cards screen, only employees are displayed.
  • On the Business Accounts screen, all types of business accounts (i.e., customers, vendors, employees) are displayed.

I would like to inquire if there are any restrictions on these screens that limit the display of business accounts based on their types (customers, vendors, etc.).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @zfebert56 , Thanks for assistance.

I have attached a customization package. I am working on Acumatica version 22.210.0020.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved