Question

Modifying the Global Search for Customers

• 3 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m trying to add the Postal Code for the customer (General tab) to the Global Search.  I thought that I could start with using MergeMethod.Replace but use the original definition from Customer.cs and change the heading (“zig zag”).

namespace PX.Objects.AR
{
  public class CustomerExt : PXCacheExtension<PX.Objects.AR.Customer>
  {
#region NoteID  
[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Replace)]
[PXSearchable(SM.SearchCategory.AP | SM.SearchCategory.PO | SM.SearchCategory.AR | SM.SearchCategory.SO | SM.SearchCategory.CR, "Zig zag", new Type[] { typeof(Customer.acctName) },
new Type[] { typeof(Customer.acctName), typeof(Customer.acctCD), typeof(Customer.acctName), typeof(Customer.acctCD), typeof(Customer.defContactID), typeof(Contact.displayName), typeof(Contact.eMail),
typeof(Contact.phone1), typeof(Contact.phone2), typeof(Contact.phone3), typeof(Contact.webSite)},
NumberFields = new Type[] { typeof(Customer.acctCD) },
Line1Format = "{0}{2}{3}{4}", Line1Fields = new Type[] { typeof(Customer.acctCD), typeof(Customer.defContactID), typeof(Contact.displayName), typeof(Contact.phone1), typeof(Contact.eMail) },
Line2Format = "{1}{2}{3}", Line2Fields = new Type[] { typeof(Customer.defAddressID), typeof(Address.displayName), typeof(Address.city), typeof(Address.state)},
SelectForFastIndexing = typeof(Select2<Customer, InnerJoin<Contact, On<Contact.contactID, Equal<Customer.defContactID>>>>)
)]

public Guid? NoteID { get; set; }  
#endregion  

}
}

When running the text-rebuild option I get a SQL error. The profiler showed that, indeed, some bad SQL was created.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make changes to the Customer global search settings?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Django  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for your reply. I did try that method but when I try to pull up the NoteID column in the editor, two NoteID fields appear. I’m assuming one from Customer and one from BAccount. I think that confuses the editor and it decided to show nothing:

When changing NoteID for Customer, NoteID appears twice, likely because the same field exists in BAccount
The Original attributes panel is not filled with the existing NoteID attribute declaration.

Have you tried this?

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2015/11/add-custom-field-to-full-text-universal-search.html

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved