Solved

Mobile App - 22R2 - Purchase Order - Pending Print

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Has anyone added /activated existing functions keys, that are currently not available on the mobile app. 

I had a case on this and was pointed to the following articles.

Which are informative but disjointed and most likely over complicate what has to be done to activate the existing Action keys. 

I attempted to follow the instructions, I  have supplied a image of the customization, and an image of what mobile functions are available.  When the PO is in pending print status. 

A couple issues using the mobile app the PO cannot be opened (open Status)  which is what is wanted. 

The print /no print options were deemed not essential an left off the mobile app, as space is limited.

I checked this from my end. By default, due to the space constraints of a phone screen, not every function is available in the mobile application. Therefore, you will have to customize it based on the below help articles.

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=3484dde7-2027-4e12-a60e-223e5a518421

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a298502e-2ec7-4fc9-a76c-2f74c3c6791e

I want to add the following hidden to Mobile actions. 

I obtained the following from the WSDL Schema

<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PrintPurchaseOrder" type="tns:Action"/>

<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="MarkAsDontPrint" type="tns:Action"/>

<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="EmailPurchaseOrder" type="tns:Action"/>

<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="MarkAsDontEmail" type="tns:Action"/>

Can someone provide some step by step instructions, or attach a video which then anyone can use.
I see this as something that probably is asked constantly.

icon

Best answer by mcraig95 26 April 2023, 22:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I created a customization to expose the Print functions in the mobile app for Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.  Please feel feed to add additional functionality and then reupload with what changes you made. Explaining what you added and why.  So we can all use the product. Please Share.

Hopefully this works, based on my testing it does. 

These changes were made in 22R1.  I believe they will work in 22R2

Question Asked and Answered. 

Regards

Matt

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

One last thing here.  In the mobile app if you Print. It does not print, but allows you to save the document on your mobile device.   The folks at Acumatica supplied some additional information on this, just in case you want to use device hub.

Matt

You are correct, the Mobile app will display the report for it to be shared/downloaded (no direct option to print there).

Please also note the print button in the screen does not uses DeviceHub by default (so if you map this action to mobile and press it, the print job won't be displayed in DeviceHub list of print jobs).

You could override the ootb button action to use device hub for printing or you could create a custom action button that would print the po using device hub, and then map this action to the mobile screen.

You could review this post about creating action to print using Device Hub:

https://community.acumatica.com/develop-customizations-288/what-is-the-best-practice-to-send-a-custom-report-to-devicehub-and-update-a-field-in-to-show-that-it-has-been-printed-13782

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this additional information with the community @mcraig95 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved