Solved

Making custom field from Equipment form available on Service Order Form

• 20 July 2023
  • 1 reply

We have a custom field called UsrLocation and we want this to show up in the appointment screen under Details, I have found out that it needs to be added under the Service Order Details Grid. The issue is that the custom field was added to the Equipment form and is not showing up under the Service Order form. I understand that I need to make that custom field available (I think by adding it to the DAC?) to other forms, I am not sure how to do that under the customize project screen. Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 20 July 2023, 07:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ryonxan

1. The Appointment Detail grid has nothing really to do with Service Order detail. It has some links but it has its own DAC called FSApoointmentDet
  2. You need to have a link between Appointment Details and Equipment to bring any given field from Equipment including custom fields. 
  3. This require a custom field in App Det (depending on your need bound or unbound) and some BL to bring the value at first place and next keep updated by changing other related fields.
  4. these all require coding that I’m not sure about your experience. Hope this helps.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved