Solved

How to update inventory lookup results grid

• 19 December 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I’ve made some modifications to the Inventory Lookup smart panel in the Sales Order Screen.

I added a new grid with a Split panel like this:

The left grid shows the available attributes for the selected ItemClassID so that the users can search inventory items by it’s attributes.

The “Search” button on the top of the attributes Grid, goes through the filtered Item list and gets the list of items that matches the user’s attribute selection.

The problem is that I can’t update the right grid with the list of items.

The Callbackcommand in the aspx is the following:

<px:PXDSCallbackCommand Name="AttributeSearch" DependOnGrid="Attributes" Visible="False" />

The button:

<ActionBar>
<CustomItems>
<px:PXToolBarButton Text="Search" CommandName="AttributeSearch" DependOnGrid="Attributes" Visible="">
<AutoCallBack Command="AttributeSearch" Target="ds" />
</px:PXToolBarButton>
</CustomItems>
</ActionBar>

In the graph I try to clear the grid cache, loop though the item list and insert the filtered data:

//Getting the list of items
var filteredProducts = ItemResults.Select().RowCast<SOSiteStatusSelected>().ToList();

//Getting the attributes
var AttributesFilter = Attributes.Select().RowCast<USRCBItemSearchAttributes>().ToList();

if (filteredProducts.Count > 0)
{
// Trying to clear the results grid
ItemResults.Cache.Clear();

List<string> attVals = new List<string>();
foreach (USRCBItemSearchAttributes attOpt in AttributesFilter)
{
if(attOpt.AttValue != null)
{
attVals.Add(attOpt.AttValue);
}
}
int attFilterSize = attVals.Count;

foreach (SOSiteStatusSelected product in filteredProducts)
{
SOSiteStatusSelectedExtension selExt = PXCache<SOSiteStatusSelected>.GetExtension<SOSiteStatusSelectedExtension>(product);
if (selExt.ItemAttributes != null)
{
int coincidence = 0;
foreach(string vals in attVals)
{
bool containsVal = selExt.ItemAttributes.Contains(vals);
if (containsVal)
{
coincidence++;
}
}
if(attFilterSize == coincidence)
{
ItemResults.Insert(product);
}
}

}
ItemResults.View.RequestRefresh();
}

Hope someone can help me find what’s missing.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 23 December 2022, 02:21

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83

for all master-detail relationship dataviews this is the instruction should be followed to enable synchronization of child grid to the parent. This can be developed for more than two layers

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49264233/how-to-create-master-detail-grids-in-acumatica

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your answer @aaghaei 

In my case there is no master-detail relation between the two grids. Actually, the left grid works as an additional filter that gets the inventory items by it’s attributes according to what the user puts in the left grid… But I just can’t find the way to show this new results in the right grid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83 Would you like to share the customization package so that I can have a look?

Userlevel 1

Yes @aaghaei… Please do take a look

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83 i will have a look tomorrow. Too late tonight here. Meantime others may also get a chance to look into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83 for clarification, you do not have any ASPX customization other than what you had copied in your post. Is that correct?

Userlevel 1

@aaghaei There’s no other aspx customization other than the one in the proyect. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83 

I got a chance to look into the code you provided but it is missing the ASPX customization. If you would like, please export the customization package from Acumatica Customization Project Editor for this project so that I can review it tomorrow. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @aaghaei 

Here’s the project.

I really appreciate your suggestions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83 

I spent quite some time today on this but couldn’t find the root cause. Sorry, but I can not really spend more time on this.

Why don’t you alternatively allow the user to filter on the inventory list as you already have the attributes as part of the items list?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for taking the time @aaghaei 

I will try some other options like the one you mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@albertobello83I gave it another try. My version is 21R2 21.205. Please see the attached clip (change the extension from pdf to mkv) also I made the below changes to your code.

// Replaced your DAC with:
using System;
using PX.Data;
using PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Attributes;
using PX.Objects.CS;
using PX.Objects.IN;

namespace PX.Objects.SO
{
public class USRCBItemClassEntityType : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Constant<USRCBItemClassEntityType>
{
public USRCBItemClassEntityType() : base("PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItem") { }
}

public class USRCBAttributeCategory : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Constant<USRCBAttributeCategory>
{
public USRCBAttributeCategory() : base("A") { }
}

[Serializable]
[PXCacheName("Item Search Attributes")]
[PXProjection(typeof(Select2<CSAttributeGroup,
InnerJoin<INItemClass, On<CSAttributeGroup.entityClassID, Equal<INItemClass.itemClassID>>>,
Where<CSAttributeGroup.entityType, Equal<USRCBItemClassEntityType>,
And<CSAttributeGroup.attributeCategory, Equal<USRCBAttributeCategory>,
And<CSAttributeGroup.isActive, Equal<True>>>>>))]
public partial class USRCBItemSearchAttributes : PX.Data.IBqlTable
{
#region Keys
public class PK : PrimaryKeyOf<USRCBItemSearchAttributes>.By<attributeID, entityClassID, entityType>
{
public static USRCBItemSearchAttributes Find(PXGraph graph, string attributeID, string entityClassID, string entityType) => FindBy(graph, attributeID, entityClassID, entityType);
}
#endregion

#region AttributeID
public abstract class attributeID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<attributeID> { }
protected string _AttributeID;
[PXDBString(10, IsKey = true, IsUnicode = true, InputMask = ">aaaaaaaaaa", BqlField = typeof(CSAttributeGroup.attributeID))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Attribute", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]
[CSAttributeSelector]
public virtual string AttributeID
{
get { return this._AttributeID; }
set { this._AttributeID = value; }
}
#endregion

#region EntityClassID
public abstract class entityClassID : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<entityClassID> { }
protected string _EntityClassID;
[PXDBString(30, IsKey = true, IsUnicode = true, BqlField = typeof(INItemClass.itemClassCD))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Entity Class", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]
[PXParent(typeof(Select<SOSiteStatusFilter,
Where<SOSiteStatusFilter.itemClass, Equal<Current<USRCBItemSearchAttributes.entityClassID>>>>))]
public virtual string EntityClassID
{
get { return this._EntityClassID; }
set { this._EntityClassID = value; }
}
#endregion

#region EntityType
public abstract class entityType : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<entityType> { }
protected string _EntityType;
[PXDBString(200, IsKey = true, BqlField = typeof(CSAttributeGroup.entityType))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Type")]
public virtual string EntityType
{
get { return this._EntityType; }
set { this._EntityType = value; }
}
#endregion

#region AttValue
public abstract class attValue : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<attValue> { }
protected string _AttValue;
[PXDBString(255, IsUnicode = true, BqlField = typeof(CSAttributeGroup.defaultValue))]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Value")]
public virtual string AttValue
{
get { return this._AttValue; }
set { this._AttValue = value; }
}
#endregion
}
}

// Removed the below Event Handler
protected virtual void _(Events.FieldUpdated<SOSiteStatusFilter, SOSiteStatusFilter.itemClass> e)

// Replaced your Attributes view with

public PXSelect<USRCBItemSearchAttributes,
Where<USRCBItemSearchAttributes.entityClassID, Equal<Current<SOSiteStatusFilter.itemClass>>>> Attributes;

I am not getting errors now but I guess you will need to look into your search method one more time. I would suggest to re-write the ItemResults view using a view delegate instead of using event handlers. I am not sure but you might know you can generate a value list and use it in the IN operator something like

Object[] values = new String[] { "Att1", "Att2" };
InventoryItem item = PXSelect<InventoryItem,
       Where<InventoryItem.itemStatus,
In<Required<InventoryItem.itemStatus>>>>.Select(Base, values);

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much @aaghaei.

I will take out the event handler and replace it with this much functional DAC.

I will also take a look into this delegate method you mentioned.

Thanks a lot!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved