Solved

How to return a only single desired DAC fields based on the conditions from other tables?

• 5 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Community,

I was wondering if is there a way to retrieve only the values of a single table based on the conditions from other tables. Something equivalent to SQL

SELECT
TableA.* /*ONLY I want TableA*/
FROM
TableA INNER JOIN
TableB ON TableA_BID = TableB_BID /*Join TableA & TableB - One-to-one Relation in my case*/
WHERE
TableB_CID IN (SELECT TableC_CID FROM TableC WHERE TableC_CD = 'MyCondition') /*Filter Result Based on TableC*/

I know I can join tables and apply conditions in the WHERE statement, (for Example if I Join APInvoice with APTran) but the problem is when I join tables I will have the redundant APInvoice per APTran line and I want to avoid it also I do not want the APTran fields. I also know I can perform GroupBy but it is a headache and in my opinion, a dumb way to approach it. 

I only want to return a single table and its records that meet the criteria from other tables without redundancy caused by joining with other tables.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 9 February 2023, 03:30

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

Pretty sure you would have thought of this already, but if you use parameters to filter instead of joining the other tables, you won’t have joined tables returning.

For instance:

SelectFrom<TableA>.
Where<TableA.field.IsEqual<@P.AsInt>>.
View.Select(Base, tableB.TableBID);

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @darylbowman 

I wish it was that simple 😂

your assumption is I have the fields I want to filter in my DAC I want to return results from but I do not have them. The fields I want to filter, are in my joined table(s). For example I want all APRegister that it’s APTran has a specific InventoryItem or CostCode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I was looking for something else but accidentally I came across “IsInSubselect” which is introduced in FBQL and apparently does exactly what I need. though not possible to do in BQL what I need. This is a sample I found on Acumatica

Where<GLTran.accountID.
IsInSubselect<SelectFrom<ARTranPost>
.Where<ARTranPost.tranType.IsEqual<GLTran.tranType>
.And<ARTranPost.tranRefNbr.IsEqual<GLTran.refNbr>>>
.SearchFor<ARTranPost.accountID>>>>

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @aaghaei !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved