Solved

How to retrieve a Vendor or Customer record that was previously deleted

• 12 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Friends, I’ve posted this question before, but unfortunately, the solutions to the first question are not an option

I am trying to extend a customer to a vendor or a vendor to a customer programmatically.  

I want to get my application certified for the marketplace.  However, SQL Views are forbidden.  SO, my current solution will prevent me from getting a certification.

Here is the issue.  There does not seem to be a way within C# and the available DACs to retrieve a deleted customer or vendor record. 

If I try to extend a customer to be a vendor programmatically, when I add the vendor account, it errors because Acumatica sees it as a duplicate.

I need to be able to 

1. determine if a vendor account is in the db with a DeletedDatabaseRecord = 1
  2. if it is there and of a deleted status, change it to no longer deleted.

If I cannot find a way to extend a customer to a previously deleted vendor without using SQL Views, I kind of screwed.

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 12 September 2023, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can use PXReadDeletedScope to check if the record exists and has previously been deleted

using (new PXReadDeletedScope()) // to prevent duplicate with deleted business account (DeletedDatabaseRecord = 1)
{
bAccount = PXSelectReadonly<BAccountR,
Where<BAccountR.acctCD, Equal<Required<BAccountR.acctCD>>>>
.Select(this, currentCD);
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Dmitrii Naumov THANK YOU!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Dmitrii Naumov One followup...if I find it WAS previously deleted, do you know of a trick to change the flag back to not deleted?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved