Solved

How to override public virtual bool Approve(SourceAssign source) Method

• 2 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I need to override a piece of Acumatica’s Approval process that prevents from Apprving a Rejected document. Not sure why Acumatica has put this control in place but it happens many times for us that a documents gets rejected to add some supporting documents and when documentation completed, then this document can be approved. The piece of the code that prevents from approving a rejected document is in EP\Descriptor\Attributes.cs as follows:

public virtual bool Approve(SourceAssign source)
        {
            EPApproval item = (EPApproval)this._Rejected.SelectSingle(GetSourceNoteID(source));

if (item != null)
                throw new PXException(Messages.CannotApproveRejectedItem);

if (UpdateApproval(source, EPApprovalStatus.Approved))
            {
                RegisterActivity(source, PO.Messages.Approved);

return true;
            }

return false;
        }

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 5 November 2022, 00:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

thanks, @andriikravetskyi35 , and hi @arun83 @Chris Hackett 

with the above syntax, the base method will be called first I guess by the framework not the overridden one. In fact, I am not sure if the overridden method will be called at all. I believe the correct syntax is as follows. @arun83 please test to see which one will work best in your case.

[PXOverride]
public override bool Approve(SourceAssign source)
{
// Do Stuff Here

// Invoke Acumatica’s base method or simply do not call it if you don't need it.
bool baseValue = base.Approve(source);

// Do Stuff Here

return ?;
}

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, If you need to override this method, you could use this syntax:

[PXOverride]

public virtual bool Approve(SourceAssign source, Func<SourceAssign, bool> baseMethod)

{

// do your staff, code logic

// invoke base Acumatica’s method

bool returnBoolValue = baseMethod(source);

if (returnBoolValue == true)

{

// do your staff

}

}

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, Do you have any solution for this ?. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved