Solved

How to extend Attributes feature to other areas, such as activities screen?

• 13 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

Regarding the Attributes screen and setup (CS205000). This is a great way to add custom fields to something, such as business account profiles.

However there a way to make attributes an option on the Activities screen, and for the individual Activity types?

So that if Activity Type X is chosen, there is an option to add an attribute regarding that Activity Type.

Is this possible? 

icon

Best answer by Irina 13 May 2021, 15:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

let me know if you need any help, I could probably create a sample mod for you

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for that info @Irina 

Interesting idea @shawn98 I will give look into it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Not sure this is what you had in mind but you can do a customization to add the new field(s) you want.

I use Attributes to drive the values available in a dropdown. So it is a custom field on the activity screen rather than in an Attributes or UDF tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @dan_00,

There is no such functionality at the time. Also, please note that the attributes being replaced with the user-defined fields. However, the Activities form does not support UDFs either. I would suggest to submit this as an idea on https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved