Solved

How can we replace the report screen with a custom screen ?

• 16 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

There were some functions that were not possible with the report designer so I have to code a custom screen and add RUN REPORT action to that custom screen.

And I want to replace the default Report screen(screenshot below) with my custom screen so there is no confusion as there will be only one screen to run that report. Is there any way we can do this please let me know.

Default screen

Thanks

icon

Best answer by vardan22 20 October 2023, 07:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @param2022 

Please follow below article https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2023/05/26/print-report-action-in-acumatica/#:~:text=Add%20the%20Print%20Report%20Action%3A%20In%20the%20top%20left%20corner,Customer%E2%80%9D%20report%20screen%20(SO.

https://www.crestwood.com/2021/09/20/adding-a-new-report-to-any-screen-in-acumatica/

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

As far as I know, you cannot change the report print page or create a new one similar to it.
But you can create your own screen to print any reports.
To do this for specific calculations, you need to have a temporary DAC(s) (SQL table) where you can prepare and store the data as needed. 
The report you need will be generated using your temporary DAC.

On your custom screen, you can have any type of filter fields you need and one action called "Run Report". After running the Run Report action, your program must first prepare (according to your needs) and store the data in a temporary table, and then call the Print Report method (for your custom report).

Userlevel 2
Badge

@vardan22 I have created the new screen and integrated the site. I just want to hide the default report screen so that user does not open that screen by accident. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 Thanks for the reply. But this link does not serve the purpose I am looking for.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@vardan22 I have created the new screen and integrated the site. I just want to hide the default report screen so that user does not open that screen by accident. 

For that you need just leave blank Workspaces and Category on the site map(Site Map screen) record for your report and it will be placed under the Hidden folder after that users will not be able to run report from the UI.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@vardan22 I have done this but this does not stop redirecting the user to that report screen, If someone adds the screenID for the report they will be able to access that screen. This approach only removes that link from the specific workspace.

I don’t want them to access that screen in any possible way. Let me know if you have any solution to that.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@vardan22 I have done this but this does not stop redirecting the user to that report screen, If someone adds the screenID for the report they will be able to access that screen. This approach only removes that link from the specific workspace.

I don’t want them to access that screen in any possible way. Let me know if you have any solution to that.

Thanks

I think you could delete the sitemap entry, or save the report in a different folder to limit access, using the regular add report to any of the workspaces.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved