Solved

How can I dynamically change a Smart Panel Caption Runtime?

• 8 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have a Smart Panel which is called by 4 different buttons. I was wondeing how I dynamically can change this Smart Panel Caption depending on which click button is calling it. The Smart Panel

“ID is pnlOpenDialogBox” and its “key is RoutingPanelDialog”.

I have a method to call and display this Smart Panel and do stuff with 3 parameters as follow

“private string ShowRouteDialog(string status, string title, bool finalStep)”

that I want the “title” parameter be displayed as Caption. Any though how this can be acheive? 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 8 March 2022, 06:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @aaghaei  I don’t think we can do this graph level, hoping that it may work with Javascript code.

As an alternative, from the graph, level please find the details below.

• Create multiple views for the same DAC each smart panel with the same design
  • Create multiple dummy views for the same DAC and provide these View names in each smart panel.
  • Use these views to invoke the smart panel at graph level, when you click on the buttons like below.
    • ViewName1.AskExt() 
    • ViewName2.AskExt() 
    • ViewName3.AskExt() 

Hope this alternative solution may help you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Naveen B . Yes this is an option but is high maintenance. I have 9 screens that will be using this Smart Panel and on each screen 4 action buttons will trigger this panel resulting 36 views and panels. I was hoping to avoid doing this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Understood @aaghaei  yes it is required high maintenance when we have many smart panels.

We might need to check with JavaScript code to achieve this.

Also, I recommend you to raise a support ticket on this to get the support quickly.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved