Solved

Having trouble increasing the Applied To Order. AR Error: Entry must be less or equal to

• 13 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have a sales order with a pre-payment on it. The pre-payment has a balance meaning that the Applied to Order value is less than the value of the pre-payment and less than the value of the order.

In my case I have a detail line on the sales order that is increasing in value and I would like to bump up the Applied to Order value accordingly.

However, when I try to do this via code, I get an error: Entry must be less or equal to $X.  $X is always the value of the Applied to Order amount.

Is there something that I’m missing that I need to do to the order so that I can change the SOAdjust record?

public PXAction<SOOrder> TestPreAuthEdit;
[PXButton(CommitChanges = true, IsLockedOnToolbar = true, Category = "")]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Test Pre Auth Edit", MapEnableRights = PXCacheRights.Select, MapViewRights = PXCacheRights.Select, Enabled = true)]

public virtual IEnumerable testPreAuthEdit(PXAdapter adapter)
{
SOOrder order = Base.Document.Current;

foreach (SOLine line in Base.Transactions.Select())
{
InventoryItem item = InventoryItem.PK.Find(Base, line.InventoryID);
if (item == null) continue;
if (item.InventoryCD.Trim() == "ITEMCODE") //This is just to locate a line on the SO
{
Base.Caches[typeof(SOLine)].SetValueExt<SOLine.curyUnitPrice>(line, line.CuryUnitPrice + 10);
Base.Caches[typeof(SOLine)].Update(line);
Base.Caches[typeof(SOOrder)].Update(order);
}

}

Base.Save.PressButton(); //I've tried with and without this line

foreach (SOAdjust payment in Base.Adjustments.Select()) //I only have one prepayment so I'm not worried about the loop
{
Base.Caches[typeof(SOAdjust)].SetValueExt<SOAdjust.curyAdjdAmt>(payment, payment.CuryAdjdAmt + 10);
Base.Caches[typeof(SOAdjust)].Update(payment);
}
return adapter.Get();

}

icon

Best answer by Django 14 September 2023, 06:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Further exploration.

In SOAdjust_CuryAdjdAmt_FieldVerifying this line of code does the field validation logic

decimal newBalance = (decimal)adj.CuryDocBal + (decimal)adj.CuryAdjdAmt - (decimal)e.NewValue;

And the issue is that the adj.CuryDocBal is zero when I run the code above. When I test the value in the UI, adj.CuryDocBal has the value that I see on the screen.

I see that this is a calculated/unbound field.

What I find puzzling is that in my second foreach loop, the payment.CuryDocBal value will be, say, $110, but when the record arrives in SOAdjust_CuryAdjdAmt_FieldVerifying, and this line runs:

SOAdjust adj = (SOAdjust)e.Row;

adj.CuryDocBal is zero.

I feel like there’s something simple that I’m missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Why do you need these Base.Caches[typeof(SOOrder)].Update(order); updates? SetValueExt updates the lines in the cache without them, and also raises the proper events.

Isn’t it possible it causes your issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I added those trying to get the order to update in some fashion, hoping that would update the balance value on the SOAdjust record. I was able to remove the .Update(order) line with no change.

I have a work around at the moment by overriding SOAdjust_CuryAdjdAmt_FieldVerifying and changing the following test from:

if (adj.AdjgCuryInfoID == null || adj.CuryDocBal == null)

to

if (adj.AdjgCuryInfoID == null || adj.CuryDocBal == 0)

Which forces the system to calculate the CuryDocBal value when updating the CuryAdjdAmt field value because the value is coming into the method with zero instead of the actual balance.

I don’t know how to force my PXGraph to run the calculation on the Adjustments view records.

I feel like I’ve over engineered this solution but sometimes there’s a mystery in the the logic that’s waiting to be revealed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved