Solved

Grid Click Event?

• 2 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

Does anyone know how to detect a grid click so that a value can be populated.  The scenario I have is how to efficiently enter data into a tally sheet:

This is what I would like to accomplish:

1. User enters number of rows in the form header (for the above example 16)
  2. 16 rows automatically appear in the grid beneath the header with the layer prepopulated 1 to 16
  3. The user keys the 8 in the first cell, row 1
  4. They then are able to just mouse click all the cells in the grid that should be 8
  5. next, the user keys the 9 in the second cell row 2 and goes through the same click to populate process.

I know how to do all of the above except detect the mouse click and then populate the last value keyed (step d).  Any ideas.

Some of the tally sheets have lots of 3 and 4 digit numbers with high levels of commonality so the whole user keying experience is rather horrendous.

Also, what about Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for a tally sheet that looks like the above?  Anyone done anything along those lines?

Thanks heaps in advance.

icon

Best answer by Yuriy Zaletskyy 3 February 2023, 18:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Detection of mouse clicks is kind of a challenge in Acumatica. Here I’ve described how to work with js.

But if you need to input super quickly grid of information, I’d recommend you to enter information in excel spreadsheet, and then import that spreadsheet on the form. Below goes a screenshot of how button import from excel looks like on Sales orders form:

in that case people can use either excel or google spreadsheet and quickly fill the information.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Yuriy,

Thanks for the feedback.  really appreciate it.  Have had a small play around with JS in Acumatica once before, will read the link you have provided once before and have another go 😀

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved