Solved

Generic INquiry Mass Update Fields, Exclude Update All

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have created a customization for our Pro Forma Invoices to include extra fields for submitting the Pro Forma Invoices to our finance department which is a simple check box on the pro forma invoice screen: PM307000

I have built a generic inquiry to show these checkboxes which have been checked or not, but now the users want a way to update multiple pro forma invoices at the same time. I have edited the generic inquiry to add mass update fields which gives me the functionality with the actions → Update, but there is an Update All inside this action bar, I do not want this there as there is a potential that a user might update all pro forma invoices accidentally. Is there a way to either remove Update All or make it disabled with a role or completely remove it from this Generic Inquiry? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 March 2024, 15:00

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @QEDELouw ,

Please try revoking access to Process All as in this example showing Release AP Documents screen:

Access Rights come “From the Top Down.”  If you change Process all to Revoked, and it changes itself back to Inherited, then go to the next highest node on the left side and make the rights to AP Document or Release AP documents more specific (like Granted or Insert or Delete).  After changing the higher node to Granted, making sure it stays Granted, save. Then go to lower nodes and Revoke the Process All again.

If your Generic Inquiry does not offer ability to remove access rights to Process All in Access Rights by Screen, then a customization might be needed to remove ability to update all.

Laura

Hi @Laura02 

Are you able to point me in the right direction to showing this generic inquiry inside a customization in order to customize the action menu and remove the update all.

I have looked through the full customization documentation for Acumatica and it only shows adding the generic inquiry inside the customization but not displaying it in the grid. I have looked through the forums here and struggling to find the answer.

I would just like this exact form with the ability to change the customization to remove the update all from the new screen created.

Thanks for the help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved