Question

Fast Fields Not working in Mobile App

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is kind of a follow-up to my last post.

Add Custom Columns to InventoryID lookup in Sales Orders

The main issue now is that my Fast Fields, which work in the web application:

Are not working in the mobile app

Is there something special I have to do to make that happen?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mjgrice32 

This appears to be a known limitation for the mobile app. When I tested it as well, it does not find my Vendor alternate ID. 

You could customize it.

Here is an older post that may help you:

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/issue-with-displaying-inventory-id-in-mobile-app-4727

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett  Not yet, no.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 

This appears to be a known limitation for the mobile app. When I tested it as well, it does not find my Vendor alternate ID. 

You could customize it.

Here is an older post that may help you:

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/issue-with-displaying-inventory-id-in-mobile-app-4727

I scanned the article… it seems in that case, the solution was finally to update a GI, which is not going to work for me.

Apparently, I need to change the behavior of the Sales Order screen itself. My mobile app work is hit and miss but I have never seen a way to change the behavior of a field in the mobile app. I see how to add and subtract fields, but not how to change the way an action or a field behaves via the mobile customization…? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The mobile is not as robust as an instance and for sure has restrictions. I’m not a developer, but I do know small things to change, however this is not one of them. 

I think you should add an idea for the mobile app to be easier to customize along with your finding. I would think alternate ID’s would be a wanted add on due to the usage of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved