Solved

Extending SOINvoiceFitler

• 10 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I’m wanting to extend SOInvoiceFilter on Process Invoice and Memos (SO505000) to enable filtering on Customer Class.  Have made a start and think I’m mainly on the right track but have a problem I can’t quite crack.  Think the answer to this should be relatively simple.

So far,

I have extended SOInvoiceFilter  as shown below to add a selector for Customer Class:

Have added the new Customer Class selector to the Form with Commit Changes = True

Have extended the graph:

The above is all the changes I have made so far.  What is happening is on changing any of the fields in the filter, I get:

I think that the issue must be that BQL in the graph extension is not correct, but I can’t spot the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Also, I’m not 100% sure on what other steps will be required to get the extended filter to work on the grid so any pointers on that would also be helpful. 

My thinking was I would need to override GetInvoices() so that it returns records based on the SOInvoiceList variable in the Graph extension as opposed to the SOInvoiceList variable in the base graph.  The below shows the definition of SOInvoiceList in the base class

In the base class we have GetInvoices()

However, if this code is pasted into the Graph extension and you attempt to rework it such that it used the new SOInvoiceList variable you run into issues around needing to reference protected and private variable sin the base class.  So maybe I’m not on the right track here?

Thanks,

John.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 14 November 2023, 18:29

View original

2 replies

Badge +11

I believe perhaps you could override ApplyAdditionalFilters method to include your custom filter and perhaps avoid redefining the data view and delegate

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Daryl,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and respond to my question.  I didn’t even know there was such a thing as ApplyAdditionalFilters.  Looks perfect will give it a go and confirm the above works.

Thanks,

John.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved