Solved

Execution order of customisations

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello - I have a situation where 2 different customisations are overriding the same method. In this case it is the ConfirmShipment method of the SOShipmentEntry graph. Like so...

public class SOShipmentEntryExt : PXGraphExtension<SOShipmentEntry>
{
public delegate void ConfirmShipmentDelegate(SOOrderEntry docgraph, SOShipment shiporder);
[PXOverride]
public void ConfirmShipment(SOOrderEntry docgraph, SOShipment shipment, ConfirmShipmentDelegate baseMethod)
{
//do some work
}
}

Is there a way to control which customisation performs it’s actions first?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 24 April 2024, 01:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes you can. You can implement your graph and their extensions in order you want them to be executed as 

public class MyExt : PXGraphExtension<Ext2, Ext1, BaseGraph> {}

up to 10 level if I recall correctly is supported 

Badge +11

Yes you can. You can implement your graph and their extensions in order you want them to be executed as 

public class MyExt : PXGraphExtension<Ext2, Ext1, BaseGraph> {}

up to 10 level if I recall correctly is supported 

To be clear, this would require extending the other customization’s extension. It’s a great solution if it is appropriately workable.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved