Solved

Does anyone else seem to experience their customizations reverting to a prior version?

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We’ve noticed this a few times at different clients but I don’t have a smoking gun to bring in tech support so I’m looking to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

When there has been an update due to Windows/IIS/SQL security patches, or some other update on the Acumatica side, that we find that sometimes a customization project has reverted back to a prior version. We’ve seen source code within the project revert and we’ve seen cases where a DLL appears to have reverted back one version.

Last night our clients production site had some updates and this morning they called with some configuration related issues. We checked on fields in a setup screen and discovered that some fields were blank causing invoices to be missing a default cash account value. These fields were populated the day before because it prevents invoices from being posted. We filled in the missing values and everything went back to running smoothly - like it has been for weeks.

Like I said, we don’t have a smoking gun to definitively document and pull Acumatica support into the equation. Just looking to see if other have had similar experiences to maybe figure out how to make sure everyone has a stable experience.

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 19 April 2023, 19:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Django it seems you are describing two different issues here. 

As for reverting of customization to previous versions, I’ve not seen that and I’m not sure how that may even be possible. May it be the case that you have different customization versions in deafferent tenants and it overrides each other?

As for the second issue, missing field values, I’ve seen this many times. The most frequent case is that the custom column names are missing ‘Usr’ prefix, so Acumatica does not preserve the values during upgrade. Please check that your custom columns are named properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Dmitrii,

Thank you for responding. Yes, sorry, it was two different issues. With regards to the missing field values, this event wasn’t an upgrade, the notice was “We must apply a set of Windows Server updates to preserve virtual machine security compliance with internal Acumatica IS standards.“ The fields in question are Paya fields and they are prefixed with Usr.  I’ll pursue this with a support case.

Is there a log that we can see from within Acumatica when a publish event has happened? It would make sense if different tenants had different versions of DLLs but we didn’t run a publish overnight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Django  you can check System Monitor screen to see the log of publishing events

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved