Solved

Detect Row Changed event in a grid and make changes to the header

• 18 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

On screen "Pick, Pack, and Ship", (SO302020) I am trying to make some changes, but it is an odd screen so any ideas would be welcome. I have managed to make some changes and I am spending a lot of time in the debugger trying to understand what I can do but I haven't got that far yet.

I have been working with methods and events like:

SOShipLineSplit_RowSelecting

SOShipLineSplit_RowSelected

SOShipLineSplit_LineNbr_FieldSelecting

These don't fire when I would expect. They don't fire when I click on the grid. Perhaps this is because the grid is is not editable. I don't see how to change this.

Basically what I ideally want is to detect when a row is selected or clicked on and then run code populate the Scan field with the Inventory Code.

I could also do this from the header on a button or something, but when I play with events on the header and get a link to the table I can't see a selected row in there so I am stumped.

// Acuminator disable once PX1045 PXGraphCreateInstanceInEventHandlers [Justification]

PickPackShip.Host graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<PickPackShip.Host>();

PXCache split = graph.Caches<SOShipLineSplit>();

I have tried a lot of routes so I just need some advice on how to make this work.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 19 March 2024, 13:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the help. I have gone a different route now. I guess as the table is read only it is harder. If I could have added a checkbox column or something like that to select the row then I might have gone further, but the list is read only and not updateable.

Badge +11

There is no Acumatica event corresponding to a grid row being selected. You can get the currently selected row from a grid during an action by using the Current property of the grid's Data View if the grid has SyncPosition = true.

RowSelecting happens when a record is being retrieved from the database, and RowSelected happens quite often throughout any process.

PS: there may be a JavaScript event that occurs. I forget

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved