Solved

Customization Fields and Conditions not reflecting

• 31 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have few customizations. I’m wondering why my Fields and Conditions in “e2SOCostCodeAndDepartment” are not reflecting. Maybe because I have another Customization for Sales Order after that?

Here’s my customization:

Here’s After it:

icon

Best answer by Leonardo Justiniano 31 July 2023, 16:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you use the DAC Schema Browser, do you see your missing fields?  If not then something happened with your publish or your project isn’t creating a DAC Extension to add the fields to the table.

What is in your Data Access category in your project?

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you use the DAC Schema Browser, do you see your missing fields?  If not then something happened with your publish or your project isn’t creating a DAC Extension to add the fields to the table.

@Django  This is what I have in my DAC Extension:

I can see the fields but the “Hidden” and “Required” are not reflective. here is the condition:

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Django It is working fine if I place it to the last customization but what’s happening is the Workflow changes for SalesOrderUpdates43.7 is getting overwritten. Why is that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s a good question I don’t know the answer to. I typically put my customizations into DLLs. Hopefully someone else can speak to your challenge.

Badge +11

In my experience, you can't have two different packages implementing workflow modification on the same screen. It will always choose one.

It's actually a huge pain 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s a good question I don’t know the answer to. I typically put my customizations into DLLs. Hopefully someone else can speak to your challenge.

Hi @jayson 

I agree with @Django. I have faced same issues and I resolved them by going the way of coding an extension to the specific workflows. Here are some step by step to start understanding it:

https://www.acumatica.dev/admin/workflow-via-code-part-1/

Also the course T270 Workflow API is a must review topic.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved