Question

Creating a processing screen using a Generic Inquiry

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

We are trying to create a process similar to the Dunning Letter process for a client as it is unavailable in their current license level, and they understandably don’t want to upgrade just for a single feature.

I have created a generic inquiry that finds all the customers with overdue invoices, and then created a business event that sends out reminder emails based on the records in the Generic Inquiry.

The client would like this to function like processing screens such as Print Statements where they see a list of the customers who are overdue, tick a box next to the onces they would like to email, and then trigger the Send Email action.

The closest I have gotten to this is shown in the images below. The first image shows how I have set up the Entry point of the Generic Inquiry to be the Invoices and Memos screen, and ticked the 'Enable Mass Actions’ checkbox.

The second image shows how I have added the Send Email function to the Mass Actions tab.

The third image, which is the final result, shows how I am able to tick a box, and then use the Send Email function to send an email.

Since the Send Email function is grabbed from the Invoices and Memos screen, it uses the Invoice email template, which means an invoice is attached to the email (see fourth image). Instead of an invoice, they are wanting a Customer Statement to be attached.

How would I go about adding in a Send Email function for a Generic Inquiry? If this is not possible, is there a way to create a new processing screen that references the results from a Generic Inquiry?

Let me know if you need any further information.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Entry Point Tab

Mass Actions Tab

Final Result

Email Pop-up window

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@AndrewA 

Have you explored the option of creating an import scenario based on the Generic Inquiry? Within the import scenario, there's an opportunity to trigger the 'SEND EMAIL' functionality.

Moreover, you can automate the process further by scheduling the processing screen through the 'Process Import Scenarios' screen. Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can assist you with!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga , thanks for your response!

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I am not sure how to set up the Import Scenario to trigger the Send Email function. Could you please provide a screenshot showing how it should be set up?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@AndrewA  Here is the sample import scenario for your reference.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot. I created an Import Scenario with just the Send Email action, as shown in the first image below. But I must need something else added because, in the Import By Scenario screen, it tells me that it cannot find the Send Email action, as shown in the second image below.

Do you know what I need to do to get this Send Email function working?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @AndrewA were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved