Solved

Commission Calculation

• 18 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to calculate commissions with some calculations.

• For one line item I want to deduct 20 from the base price and then calculate commission based on percentage.
  • Can I limit a line item to be added only for one time in a Sales Order ? 

I need help on how can I implement this ?

icon

Best answer by Django 18 July 2022, 20:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga do you have any idea about this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @param2022 

1. The percentage basis for commissions is based on the document as a whole. There is no way to deduct from the base price. 
  1. Commissions are done on a document basis, you can not limit to a line item on an order. 

Both of what you are trying to do would require a customization. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kbeatty21 Yeah I know they will require customization, but I am not able to figure out how can I do that, which graph or DAC should I customize as it is linked to too many views. Do you have any lead for that ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @param2022 

Unfortunately, I do not. 

@Naveen Boga do you have an idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you be more specific around your commissions requirements?  Do you need to calculate commissions based on the sales order value or the resulting sales invoice? Do you need to re-calculate the commission amount every time the sales order is saved?

If you’re adding one detail line to the sales order then I’d do that in SOOrder RowUpdating/RowInserting. Within there you can check to see if your commission line exists and either add if it doesn’t exist or update it if it does exist.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ddunn I can try this idea of RowInserting.

My requirement is that i have LineItem1 then I need to deduct 20 from its price and then calculate 5% commission on deducted amount. And this should be consistent around all the screens where commission is calculated.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved