Solved

Catching the row change event in a grid

• 20 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I have a simple processing screen displaying records in a grid. Above the grid, I have some action buttons.

What I want to do

I'd like to change dynamically the accessibility of one of thses action buttons : if the selected record in the grid has some specific characteristics, the button is enabled, otherwise, it is disabled.

The problem  to solve

My problem is to catch the fact that a new row is selected in the grid : the RowSelected event is not invoked in this case.

Some technical details

The declaration of the graph :

public class EapActivityProcess : PXGraph<EapActivityProcess>

The declaration of the view

public SelectFrom<EAPActivity>
            .OrderBy<Desc<EAPActivity.lastChangeDate>>
            .View.ReadOnly ActivityView;

This is the view used in the grid :

Anybody knows if it is possible ?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 27 July 2023, 06:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I just have found a reply that would partially fit my need :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47877150/is-there-any-event-triggered-when-highlighting-a-row

However, is it possible to get current record in the grid (I mean selected record). ?

Badge +11

You need to set SyncPosition = true on the grid properties.

This will allow you to get the selected row with ActivityView.Current.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ygagnaire12  Can you please share your code here for our review?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @darylbowman for your suggestion, I test it.

@Naveen Boga, I have joined the code of the used DAC. For the graph, I just have the view as described in my first post. I have added a _(Events.RowSelected<EAPActivity> e) method but it is not called on grid row selection change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ygagnaire12  As you mentioned above below link will fulfil your requirement.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47877150/is-there-any-event-triggered-when-highlighting-a-row

And to get the current row, you should use the View.Current. Let us know if you get any issues with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ygagnaire12 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett !

It turned out that our needs changed and that we have given up the screen I began to work on. However, it is good to know how to do in such a case and I think that the solution exposed in this topic is a good way to do that. So, thank you to @darylbowman  and @Naveen Boga for their help.

To be completely honest, we turned to another scenario where we also need to detect when a row change in a grid, but where we do not have to enable or disable buttons. We have found a solution using the client event OnRowChanged of the grid.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved