Question

Cannot load data from database

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

in screen reason code. I update description field from code and save it to database but when I go to screen reason code, I see blank field and I check in database data store there. Otherwise if I update data from screen it can show up

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

How are you updating the description field?  Can you share additional details on this process? 

I suspect we are reaching some limitations on field size which is typically caught through the screen’s business logic.  Backend updates could cause issues like this and are not recommended without proper validation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@vannakheng66 The Reason Codes → Description field is limited to 20 characters. It appears you might have made changes at the database level, updating the value there. However, for it to reflect on the screen, you also need to adjust the DAC field size in the code level using the Cache_Attached event. This ensures that the updated value will be properly populated on the screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@vannakheng66 The Reason Codes → Description field is limited to 20 characters. It appears you might have made changes at the database level, updating the value there. However, for it to reflect on the screen, you also need to adjust the DAC field size in the code level using the Cache_Attached event. This ensures that the updated value will be properly populated on the screen.

I have done cache attached already but I don’t why it’s cannot populate

Userlevel 2
Badge

How are you updating the description field?  Can you share additional details on this process? 

I suspect we are reaching some limitations on field size which is typically caught through the screen’s business logic.  Backend updates could cause issues like this and are not recommended without proper validation. 

I have increased length of description field already.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @vannakheng66 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @vannakheng66 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

No

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @vannakheng66 ,

I am not sure that it will help, but Acuminator requires this method, try enable your graph extension, add:

public static bool IsActive() => true;

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved