Solved

Cannot edit/customize CRM Source dropdown values

• 6 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi all,

I would like to do similar to what is done here:

What I would like to do differently is to remove to of the default values, “Organic Search” and “Campaign”. When I select those values, however, I can’t uncheck Active or hit x to delete.

Is there any way to delete an out of the box combo value?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 6 September 2023, 19:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,

To address this, we should manage it through the Workflow steps by inheriting the new workflow from the base workflow. Here are the detailed steps:

1. Open the Customization Project: Begin by accessing the Customization Project.

2. Customize the Existing Screen and Add the Opportunities Screen: In the Customization Project, make the necessary modifications to the existing screen, and ensure that you add the Opportunities screen as required.

3. Click on the Workflows and Add Workflow: Navigate to the Workflows section within the Customization Project, and proceed to add the new workflow.

4. For Each Workflow Step, Uncheck the Values (Organic Search and Campaign): Within the newly created workflow, go through each workflow step, and make sure to uncheck the values associated with Organic Search and Campaign as needed.

5. Publish the Package: After completing all the necessary adjustments and ensuring that the workflow is configured as required, publish the package to implement the changes.

Please find the screenshots and attached customization package for your reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@swartzfeger   I missed adding the package. Here is the customization package for your reference. Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello,

To address this, we should manage it through the Workflow steps by inheriting the new workflow from the base workflow. Here are the detailed steps:

1. Open the Customization Project: Begin by accessing the Customization Project.

2. Customize the Existing Screen and Add the Opportunities Screen: In the Customization Project, make the necessary modifications to the existing screen, and ensure that you add the Opportunities screen as required.

3. Click on the Workflows and Add Workflow: Navigate to the Workflows section within the Customization Project, and proceed to add the new workflow.

4. For Each Workflow Step, Uncheck the Values (Organic Search and Campaign): Within the newly created workflow, go through each workflow step, and make sure to uncheck the values associated with Organic Search and Campaign as needed.

5. Publish the Package: After completing all the necessary adjustments and ensuring that the workflow is configured as required, publish the package to implement the changes.

Please find the screenshots and attached customization package for your reference.

Naveen, thanks for the detailed write up! Unfortunately it doesn’t work and I’m getting an error… it has to be an issue in our TEST tenant:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @swartzfeger  Can you please let me know in which version you trying to publish?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @swartzfeger  Can you please let me know in which version you trying to publish?

It just published fine in my ‘Live’ Acumatica, so I think I’m good!

@Naveen Boga - do you know how to alphabetize the list of the values of the “source” combo box values after they already started to be used? The order is “created date” by the looks of it. So all of our custom ones are in order but it is preceded by the default values in the alphabetical order. We obviously could change descriptions and then use an import scenario to update fields but that has so many knock on effects let alone future additions to this list. Would appreciate your input if you have time?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved