Solved

Can I use PXForeignReference on a DAC extension to ensure data integrity?

• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

I am attempting to use PXForeignReference on a DAC extension to ensure the field is set to null when the referenced document is deleted. It published fine but doesn’t work. Is this possible?

(NOTE: at the moment, ReferenceBehavior is ‘Restrict’ which should throw an exception upon deleting)

public class DSDPMCostBudget_Ext : PXCacheExtension<PX.Objects.PM.PMCostBudget>
{
public static bool IsActive() => true;

#region UsrPDPOType
[PXDBString(2, IsUnicode = true)]
[POOrderType.List()]
[PXDefault(POOrderType.ProjectDropShip, PersistingCheck = PXPersistingCheck.Nothing)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "PO Type")]
public virtual string UsrPDPOType { get; set; }
public abstract class usrPDPOType : BqlString.Field<usrPDPOType> { }
#endregion

#region UsrPDPONbr
[PXDBString(15, IsUnicode = true)]
[PO.RefNbr(typeof(Search2<POOrder.orderNbr,
LeftJoinSingleTable<Vendor, On<POOrder.vendorID, Equal<Vendor.bAccountID>,
And<Match<Vendor, Current<AccessInfo.userName>>>>>,
Where<POOrder.orderType, Equal<Optional<usrPDPOType>>,
And<Vendor.bAccountID, IsNotNull>>,
OrderBy<Desc<POOrder.orderNbr>>>), Filterable = true)]
// Here's the foreign reference
[PXForeignReference(typeof(CompositeKey<
Field<usrPDPOType>.IsRelatedTo<POOrder.orderType>,
Field<usrPDPONbr>.IsRelatedTo<POOrder.orderNbr>>), ReferenceBehavior.Restrict)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "PO Nbr")]
public virtual string UsrPDPONbr { get; set; }
public abstract class usrPDPONbr : BqlString.Field<usrPDPONbr> { }
#endregion
}

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 24 January 2024, 20:33

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

Turns out, if I knew how to use foreign references in the first place, it would have been working all along.

I forgot to add [PXReferentialIntegrityCheck] to POOrder.

For the next person, I did that like this, because for whatever reason, you can’t use [PXReferentialIntegrityCheck] with the CacheAttached event.

public class DSDPOOrder_Ext : PXCacheExtension<PX.Objects.PO.POOrder>
{

#region OrderNbr
[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Append)]
[PXReferentialIntegrityCheck]
public string OrderNbr { get; set; }
#endregion

}

Thanks @Brian Stevens (source)

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Turns out, if I knew how to use foreign references in the first place, it would have been working all along.

I forgot to add [PXReferentialIntegrityCheck] to POOrder.

For the next person, I did that like this, because for whatever reason, you can’t use [PXReferentialIntegrityCheck] with the CacheAttached event.

public class DSDPOOrder_Ext : PXCacheExtension<PX.Objects.PO.POOrder>
{

#region OrderNbr
[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Append)]
[PXReferentialIntegrityCheck]
public string OrderNbr { get; set; }
#endregion

}

Thanks @Brian Stevens (source)

Glad my blog was able to help.  You may know, but for those that may be wondering “why” for PXReferentialIntegrityCheck on CacheAttached… Keep in mind that CacheAttached is “from within this graph”.  That means, it is basically an optional usage.  Integrity is integrity in season and out of season, so to speak.  As best I can tell, you can’t have integrity “when you feel like it” like within only one specific graph.  You need it in the basic structure of the DAC.  As long as the DAC extension is active in this case, it will apply.  If the DAC isn’t active, the field you want to do an integrity check, for all practical purposes, does not exist.  When it is active, it always must pass the integrity check, always.

Badge +11

...for those that may be wondering “why” for PXReferentialIntegrityCheck on CacheAttached...

That actually makes perfect sense.

So I thought I had solved it, but it turns out, I can only get the error when deleting. I was hoping to set the field to null so it isn’t a broken link. Your blog basically says you didn’t need to go any further in exploring the behavior, so you didn’t.

I don’t suppose you’ve done any more exploring since then?

Badge +11

So I thought I had solved it

I really hate how many things (recently) are solved by restarting the application.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved