Solved

Bring custom field on Bills & Adjustment (AP301000) to Vendor Details (AP402000) always empty

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi experts,

I want bring custom field Invoice Number (UsrPSInvoice) on screen Bill and Adjustment (AP301000)

to grid on screen Vendor Details (AP402000)

by selecting this field in Screen Editor

However, the value of this field is always empty although it contains value on Bill and Adjustment

Do you know how to get over this issue?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 21 February 2023, 07:35

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mrthanhkhoi 

It doesn’t seem the screen you are modifying is the same screen you are reporting. The screen you are modifying has only one field assigned to the grid but in your report there are multiple columns.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei, it is the same screen, I hided the rest columns (just for security reason) in screenshot

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei,

Could you please have look at this one?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you attach the customization package and pertaining C# project (only this pice of customization) I will have a look

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei,

please find the package in attachment. 

I am trying to bring field UsrTest from AP301000 (Bills and Adjustments) to AP402000 (Vendor Details)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mrthanhkhoi

You missed attaching the C# Code. The Customization Project only includes adding a Field to APRegister. I didn’t see any DAC Extension for “APDocumentResult” for the Field which is supposed to be displayed in AP402000 and the Graph Extension for “APDocumentEnq” which using a FieldSelecting event should read the UsrTest field that you have added to APRegister and display. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei,

I try to bring the field UsrTest to Grid by using out of the box feature without coding. Here is the steps I did:

• Open screen AP402000 (Vendor Details)
  • Expand Grid: Documents
  • Select tab Add data fields
  • Select field APInoice__UsrTest  and create Control

I’m not sure if we could go with this way because if I create a field in APDocumentResult and implement FieldSelecting event to populate data, the performance reduces significantly

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The grid you are trying to modify, is tied to “APDocumentResult”. If you want to show the field in this grid you MUST add an extension to this DAC introduced as DataMember.

Also, I am not sure why you are saying it will have performance degradation and what performance measures comparison you have put in place.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aaghaei,

Thank you for your information. I will mark your answer as best answer.

Regarding performance measure, I said it based on my experience. If I implemented this kind of requirement by using a FieldSelecting event (bring 3 fields from another table) and it took more time, could be a few minutes slower if Grid has around 20 rows.

In case there are multiple fields that need to populated form other tables, 

is it faster if I implement populating data in event RowSelecting instead of  various FieldSelecting ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If for 20 rows you have a few MINUTES of degradation, I can say for sure it is not the FieldSelecting event. Something else is wrong. Please make the changes I suggested and if you faced performance degradation share the code and I will happily have a look. 

I have customized PMCostProjection to add a Log table to the lines. Meaning I have PMCostProjection which has PMCostProjectionLine and the third grid as PMCostProjectionLineDetail. I added ~60 custom fields to the Line and Master grid each of the custom fields had two levels of aggregation from Details to Line and from Line to Header. The Projections screen had many events, including FieldSelecting and on average, I had over 500 lines in each projection and each line had 10s of logs. Retrieving/navigating data for each Projection would take 10 seconds on average for the 50 data load test and I concluded it is slow so I moved some of the heavy calculation logics to Persist to run only once when the document saved instead of refreshing constantly on the fly. So when you say 20 records will take a few minutes more it honestly does not make any sense to me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei  thank you very much for your help.

I will check it again.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved