Solved

'An entry with the same key already exists' error

• 27 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

I’m new to acumatica. I have customized a form (PI301000) . In this form, there is a grid in the tab like below.

I want to move the ‘Add purchase’ button with the action into the grid toll bar. But when I was trying drag and drop button into the ActionBar - custom items in the project editor, It shows me the below error.

I checked whether there is another action using the same key but this is the only action I have defined except ‘Print report’. can someone help me with this issue please?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Django 27 February 2023, 18:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

This is a coincidence. I am having the same problem today.
Build 22.208.0012.   
I added a row control onto a Tab. Now, I am getting the same error. 

If I find anything out, I’ll post it here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is the dreaded error when you’re customizing a screen. You might have to add this manually by editing the .aspx.  I’ve had an issue where adding a dialog box would instantly corrupt by screen but I haven’t had a chance to revisit that yet.

I did have this issue the other way re-adding a control to a screen and I found that the screen aspx left behind some XML when I removed the control to re-add it. I edited out the code that was left behind and I was able to add the control without an issue. And from what I could see there were no duplicate IDs but maybe the message was referring to duplicate entity values within the aspx vs a value with ID= that is duplicated.

Have a look at the .aspx before and after you add the control and see if you can identify what the issue might be.

Userlevel 1

I see this stack overflow question with a similar problem.  They suggested a similar suggestion to @Django.  I’ll be diving into .aspx today. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved