Solved

When to commit pageSource changes when nothing else on the screen has changed

• 11 March 2022
  • 1 reply

The aspx xml file for an Acumatica screen always contains `<Page path="[path]" pageSource="[page_source]”>`. 

It appears that whenever I upgrade to a new release of Acumatica, the pageSource content of any screens I have customized changes. This happens even when nothing else on the screen has been changed in my customization.

Why does the pageSource change when no other changes have been made? What effect does it have? Moreover, how can I tell if the change made to the pageSource is the change I want to make?

The only information I have been able to find about the pageSource is that it is “the binary content for the page”. However, that doesn’t explain to me why it changes with each upgrade and if it matters what version of the pageSource I am using.

How can I tell if these pageSource changes are ones I should commit to my source code?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Kyle Vanderstoep 14 March 2022, 04:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The PageSource property is like the “Starting Point” of the customization, turned human unreadable. It is the entire base aspx page (and any published customizations at the time of modification if I understand correctly). The reason it changes as you upgrade is because Acumatica has changed the base page. If the page source is off from the base page of the site, then the elements can be applied in an incorrect location. Just make sure that you are using a customization that has been checked in staging against the same version you are about to deploy it in production.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved